Making Your Brain Smarter
The University of Texas at Dallas has a Center for Brain Health dedicated to understanding, protecting and healing the brain.
Every Tuesday this month, the center will be presenting a series of lectures... "The Brain: An Owners Guide" sponsored by The Container Store. Hors d'oeuvres and wine were lovely, as was the parting gift of a Container Store puzzle-book. Classy.
- Most of us can expect our brains to reach their peak at age 40 - then our brains begin their cognitive decline.
- The expected decline is preventable and unnecessary.
A few key points from her book and lecture include...
- Take advantage of silence to think deeply and solve problems
- Perform one task at a time
- Choose two top tasks to concentrate on daily
- Avoid information overload
- Think, speak and write original ideas
- Be social
- Eat Well
- Engage in aerobic exercise 3-4 times a week.
Can't hurt. Might help.
The Center for Brain Health offers ...
- Brain Health 'Physicals'
- High Performance Brain Training
- Multiple areas of research in brain-related areas (Autism, Alzheimer's, PTSD, Trauma etc)
Next Tuesday's lecture...
Michael Gazzaniga, PhD."Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain"